How do you manage contractors & their people?
- How do you ensure that each contractor maintains their quality system and follows specifications and contractual requirements?
- Are their welders welding to procedures they have qualified in?
- Are their welders in continuity? Are continuity records maintained?
- Are welding records maintained for full traceability?
- How do you even trust if the data they are submitting is truthful and correct? Where is the oversight? Who performs routine audits?
These questions may sound familiar and you may recollect many more when facing audits as the welding manager or quality assurance manager of a project.
You may have tried countless training sessions, implemented written procedures, performed numerous quality system audits, issued non-conformance reports, pretty much to no significant improvement.
So, how do you bridge this vast gap of culture, language, system and other barriers to manage large projects as well as they should be? Please read on.
How do you manage the welding records?
How do you demonstrate welding QA/QC compliance?
How do you manage the risk of non-compliance?
Integrated system for welding
WeldTrace is the end-to-end welding project management software for welding QA QC, quality assurance and compliance
Major features in WeldTrace
One platform for total project management
- Cloud hosted in advanced servers with redundancy - 24x7 access from anywhere
- Use with a browser or tablet or mobile phone - no extra cost for gadgets
- You do not need to connect power sources to servers - WeldTrace is different
- Collaborative, yet compartmentalised data - give access to your account to select few
- Role based and hierarchical access to users - limit exposure to data and what they can do
- Project access privileges are configurable for different roles
- The ongoing cost is just 15 cents per weld (20 cents for the Plus plan)
Welding workflow management made easy
- Built-in workflow for weld lifecycle
- Role based access control
- Plan, allocate, complete, test, inspect
- Visual inspection by stage
- NDE module to request, test, handle repairs, penalty, tracer, sampling
- NDE settings for project and drawings
- Work packs to group welds and plan
- Traveler, control sheet, job card print options for hard copies to the shop
- Instant messaging for communication between project team members
- Welder who is not qualified or out of continuity prevented from being used
- Welder continuity records updated automatically
- Full traceability for each weld
Weld mapping and dimension mark-up interface
- Weld numbers marked up in sequence automatically
- Create welds automatically
- Pick attributes of welds like size, joint or weld type
- View weld map and navigate to weld
- Produce high quality weld map prints
- Edit and move weld map annotations
- Transfer weld map annotations when drawings are revised
Repositories for project data
- Tags to manage fabricated items with multiple drawings
- Drawings with version control
- Materials repository manage heat numbers, MTCs, inventory control
- Filler metals area
- Project documents with version control
- Area to store all the test reports
- Use welding procedures from the WPS module for all the projects
- Welders are stored and managed in a central repository for all the projects
Manage the data with ease
- Forms for editing one weld or other data at a time
- Excel style interface to edit the weld log, hundreds of welds at a time
- Wizards to import and export data
- Project calendar and Gantt chart views
- Progress bars
- Instant messaging between users, notifications and alerts
- Rich dashboard and data analysis tools
Final project documentation or turnover packs, easy!
- Produce turnover packs in a few clicks
- A single PDF file with all the selected documents
- Data shown in tables with links to files
- Table of contents and section separators
- Headers and footers can be customized
- Include only what you need to show